- Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came
to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses'
- Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this
Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do
give to them, even to the children of Israel.
- Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon,
that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
- From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great
river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and
unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be
- There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all
the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with
thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt
thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto
their fathers to give them.
- Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest
observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant
commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the
left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
- This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but
thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest
observe to do according to all that is written therein: for
then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt
have good success.
- Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage;
be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God
is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
- Then Joshua commanded the officers of the people, saying,
- Pass through the host, and command the people, saying, Prepare
you victuals; for within three days ye shall pass over this
Jordan, to go in to possess the land, which the LORD your God
giveth you to possess it.
- And to the Reubenites, and to the Gadites, and to half the
tribe of Manasseh, spake Joshua, saying,
- Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded
you, saying, The LORD your God hath given you rest, and hath
given you this land.
- Your wives, your little ones, and your cattle, shall remain
in the land which Moses gave you on this side Jordan; but ye
shall pass before your brethren armed, all the mighty men of
valour, and help them;
- Until the LORD have given your brethren rest, as he hath
given you, and they also have possessed the land which the LORD
your God giveth them: then ye shall return unto the land of
your possession, and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD's servant
gave you on this side Jordan toward the sunrising.
- And they answered Joshua, saying, All that thou commandest
us we will do, and whithersoever thou sendest us, we will go.
- According as we hearkened unto Moses in all things, so will
we hearken unto thee: only the LORD thy God be with thee, as
he was with Moses.
- Whosoever he be that doth rebel against thy commandment,
and will not hearken unto thy words in all that thou commandest
him, he shall be put to death: only be strong and of a good